Terms & Conditions
Charges & Billing
- Initial consultation is by telephone or Zoom/MS Teams and is free of charge (maximum duration 20 minutes)
- Upon commencement of a contract the Client will be invoiced in advance of the first months’ work. All subsequent invoices will be at the end of every calendar month with the exception of retainer contracts or packages which will be billed at the start of the calendar month
- Invoices are to be paid within seven (7) days unless otherwise agreed.
- The final invoice will include billable time, reasonable expenses directly related to the Work carried out, and any other fees related to the Work.
- Payment to be made by BACs. Bank details will be provided
- Unpaid invoices will incur interest, as per government guidelines. If a after a bill remains unpaid beyond the 7-day payment period, discretion will be applied as to whether work will continue to be carried out
- If the project is based on an hourly rate, then a minimum invoice amount is for one hour and the hourly rate is then billed in increments of 15 minutes, with time rounded up to the nearest quarter of an hour.
- Billable time includes meetings and calls outside of contracted hours and includes the writing and/or reading of correspondence sent by mail or email.
- All postage, printing and other stationery expenses bought on behalf of the client’s business will be added to the invoice for reimbursement.
- Any urgent work (within a 24hr timescale) or work required out of standard office hours will be charged at a rate of £55p/hr
- Power Hours must be paid for in full in advance
- Should the Client have reason to cancel a Power Hour, a refund will only be issued where a minimum of 48hrs notice is given
- Power Hours may be rescheduled with no additional charge, one time only and with a minimum of 24hrs notice
- Power hours will not exceed 60 minutes. It is the responsibility of the Client to ensure that they are ready in advance of the Zoom call to address any issues or problems they wish to resolve or discuss with Mariposa Virtual Business Services
- The follow up of minor issues that cannot be resolved within the 60 minutes is at the discretion of Mariposa Virtual Business Services
- Power Hours will be recorded via Zoom and a copy sent to the Client within 48hrs
Working Together & Contracts
- The estimated time and cost for completing the Work is an informal calculation and may be subject to adjustments regarding the amount of work, schedule and/or the number of hours and fees subject to review and renegotiation with the Client when necessary. If upon receipt of the Work or in the early stages, it becomes apparent that considerably more work is required than had been anticipated in the initial discussion/brief, Mariposa Virtual Business Services may renegotiate the fee and/or the deadline.
- Should ongoing project work be terminated, put on hold or delayed by the Client, Mariposa Virtual Business Services shall be entitled to immediate payment for work already carried out and expenses incurred.
- An agreement, in writing or by email, of a set number of hours a week or month may not be carried over to subsequent periods by the client, without prior written agreement from both parties.
- Mariposa Virtual Business Services will inform the Client where hours are likely to be exceeded or not fully used. It remains the responsibility of the client to ensure that they provide sufficient tasks on regular basis to ensure that retained hours are fully used
- Any errors must be reported within two working days of receipt of completed work. Errors caused by Mariposa Virtual Business Services will be rectified free of charge, but amendments or alterations requested by the client thereafter will be charged at the standard hourly rate.
- Final proofreading and checking of all work supplied is the responsibility of the Client.
- If for any reason the contract is to be terminated by mutual agreement a minimum notice period of 1 month applies
- Each party reserves the right to terminate the contract for services if there is a serious breach of its terms.
- All charges will be reviewed on an annual basis and any changes to charges will be advised to the Client with a minimum of 1 month’s notice
- Working hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
- The majority of communication between the Client and Mariposa Virtual Business Services communications will be via email
- Regular ‘catch up’ calls can be scheduled either via telephone or Zoom (no more than 1 hour per week)
Information & Data Storage & Protection
- Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 / GDPR, the Client and Mariposa Virtual Business Services may keep on record such information (e.g. contact details) as is necessary. Either may view the other’s records to ensure that they are relevant, correct and up to date.
- Mariposa Virtual Busines Services will make every effort and take appropriate measures to ensure that all Client data is protected in accordance with guidance on the ICO website but no organisation can ever be fully immune to hacks
- All passwords to be shared between the Client and Mariposa Virtual Business Services will stored and shared via a password vault
- Kate Durrant, Owner of Mariposa Virtual Business Services is a registered Data Protection Controller (ICO registration number: ZA517085)
- Any work undertaken is confidential and will not be used for personal gain or promotion without written consent of the Client.
- The business affairs of the Client shall not be discussed or disclosed to any third parties.
- The Client will be the legal owner and will hold intellectual copyright of all work undertaken by Mariposa Virtual Business Services.
- All images supplied by the client remain their responsibility, with regards to obtaining rights for use. All images supplied by Mariposa Virtual Business Services will be sourced with permission.